The cheapest busesfrom Houston to San Marcos
Showing times and prices for 2023-12-06
The best way to find a cheap fare is to book your ticket as far in advance as you can and to avoid traveling at rush hour.
The average ticket from Houston to San Marcos will cost around $77 if you buy it on the day, but the cheapest tickets can be found for only $52.
Houston to San Marcos bus information
|timelapse||Avg. bus duration||8h 24m|
|attach_money||Bus ticket price||$52|
|place||Bus depart from||Houston|
|pin_drop||Bus arrive in||San Marcos|
|directions_transit||Bus companies||Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus|
The fastest busesfrom Houston to San Marcos
Showing times and prices for 2023-12-06
Trips per day12
These direct buses cover the 249km distance in an average of 8h 24m but if you time it right, some buses will get you there in just 5h 50m
Bus from Houston to San Marcos
How to get to San Marcos from Houston?expand_more
- On average you find 12 daily schedules to San Marcos from Houston. Usually, there are 84 bus departures every week on this route. Flixbus bus lines operate the largest daily fleet to San Marcos. It is an average of 5 bus schedules per day and 150 trips every month. On peak seasons bus companies may increase the number of available vehicles.
How to get cheap bus tickets from Houston to San Marcos?expand_more
- There is a total of 3 bus companies operating this trip. Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus offer a total of 12 bus schedules from Houston to San Marcos. Keep in mind that this 3 road operator(s) have different ticket prices and service offers shown on the bus timetable. Flixbus tickets are available for $52. It is the lower trip price you can get on 2023-12-06. Compare all bus fare prices that vary according to comfort, ticket promotions, and availability. Take time and check customers 5605 reviews for Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus bus services. Users reviews best describe the real bus trip experience. The company score relates to bus quality, punctuality, cleanliness, and staff behavior. Ratings and reviews are relevant information when searching and comparing bus prices. Bus booking in advance is the best way to find San Marcos cheap tickets.
How far apart is San Marcos from Houston?expand_more
- The bus traveling length from Houston to San Marcos is around 8h 24m. Greyhound schedules advertise it has the fastest transportation from Houston. Selecting this company, you probably arrive in about 5h 50m in San Marcos.
Where are Houston and San Marcos bus stations?expand_more
- For this trip to San Marcos, you can get on board at Houston Bus Station, Houston Bus Station (Greyhound), Houston Southeast Bus Station, Houston Southwest (Agencia - Autobuses), Downtown Houston, Houston Uptown/Upper Kirby, Houston (Agencia Autobuses), The Woodlands. Moreover, get off the bus at San Marcos (Carts), San Marcos (Texas State University), San Marcos (CARTS).
BusBuster displayed travel informationexpand_more
- BusBuster has all information for you discover the best and cheapest bus ticket. Explore all available tools and 5605 user reviews to best choose between Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus. BusBuster does not sell tickets. If you want to purchase bus tickets online, this site will redirect you to the official Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus website. Reserve your bus seat to San Marcos in advance and have a nice trip.
How much is bus ticket from Houston to San Marcos?expand_more
- Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus tickets to San Marcos costs between $52 and USD 106.57 each seat As mentioned before, you will find on Flixbus to San Marcos low-cost tickets for only $52. This bus leaves at 17:30 from Houston bus station or stop at Houston Bus Station, Houston Bus Station (Greyhound), Houston Southeast Bus Station, Houston Southwest (Agencia - Autobuses), Downtown Houston, Houston Uptown/Upper Kirby, Houston (Agencia Autobuses), The Woodlands. On the contrary, the bus leaving at 14:00 have the most expensive ticket to San Marcos for about USD 106.57.
Which is the best way for bus booking?expand_more
- There are many different secure forms of acquiring a ticket. The more comfortable, secure and faster way is to get your bus ticket online at Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus website. Alternatively, you can book by phone or directly at the counter. Greyhound phone number: Valley Transit phone number: 509.525.9140Flixbus phone number: +49 30 300137300 Find out more on search and buy cheap bus tickets in North America.
When is the first and last bus to San Marcos?expand_more
- The first bus time to San Marcos is at 07:00. The bus timetable may vary during weekdays. The last departure time from Houston is at 20:30.
How to get ticket refund on Greyhound, Valley Transit, Flixbus?expand_more
- Note that companies have different policies regarding fare types and changes. Find more information on bus company page.
Bus tickets to Houston
5 Must try Houston, TX drinks: your guide to the best cocktails in town
by David Thompson
Houston, TX, offers exceptional charm to cocktail lovers, blending robust traditions and innovative concoctions. Sitting at a local bar reveals deep-rooted Southern hospitality mixed with flavors uniquely Texan, featuring local ingredients and heritage spirits. Be captivated by Houston’s cocktail culture, where each drink tells a story.