Greyhound bus tickets
Greyhound Bus Tickets, Schedules, and Fare Prices
Greyhound reviews and rating
3.5 stars from 5605 reviews
- 800 231 2222
- Greyhound Lines, Inc P.O. Box 660362 Dallas, TX 75266
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a Greyhound Bus Lines ticket for a child? What age do you have to pay for a child on a Greyhound Bus Lines?expand_more
- On Greyhound buses one child can ride for free if they sit on an adults lap and are under the age of two. Discounted tickets are available for children between the ages of 2 and 11, but these discounts are limited to two children per one adult ticket. Any additional children would require a full priced adult ticket.
How old do you have to be to ride a Greyhound Bus Lines bus alone?expand_more
- You must be over the age of 12 to travel alone on a Greyhound bus. Children between the ages of 12 to 16 are not permitted to travel across the border without an adult or a person over the age of 17. Children between the ages of 12 to 16 must have with them a completed Unaccompanied Child Form and are required to pay a full adult fare.
Do you have to print your Greyhound Bus Lines ticket?expand_more
- Greyhound Bus Lines requires that all passengers have printed tickets to board the bus.
Are meals or beverages offered onboard Greyhound Bus Lines trips?expand_more
- Greyhound Bus Lines does not offer meals or beverages onboard. We recommend you bring a drink and some snacks for your trip. We also suggest packing a reusable water bottle with you to reduce your impact on the environment. Most carriers, though, do not allow you to bring your own alcoholic drinks.
Is there WiFi onboard Greyhound Bus Lines?expand_more
- Yes Greyhound Bus Lines offers WiFi connection onboard their bus trips. Though most trips with Greyhound Bus Lines will have WiFi as advertised, some trips might not come equipped with Wifi and onboard WiFi can lose its connection in rural areas. We recommend you bring a book or download a movie just to play it safe. Greyhound Bus Lines WiFi is generally best used for surfing the web, checking emails and chatting with friends, you shouldn’t count on the WiFi to binge watch your favorite show.
Can you take a bike on a Greyhound Bus Lines bus?expand_more
- Yes, you can take a bicycle on a Greyhound bus, but it must be packaged in wood, canvas or other sturdy container and will be considered an oversize item requiring you to pay an extra fee.
Does Greyhound Bus Lines offer will call tickets, that you pick up at the station?expand_more
- Yes, Greyhound Bus Lines offers the option to purchase will call tickets. Greyhound Bus Lines will call tickets are an option that allows you to book the tickets ahead of time online, then once you arrive at the station, you can pick the tickets up from an agent or kiosk using the confirmation information your recieved when you made your ticket purchase.
Can you use your phone to board Greyhound Bus Lines?expand_more
- No, currently you cannot use your phone to board a Greyhound Bus Lines bus as they require you to have a printed ticket on hand to board.
How to purchase Greyhound tickets over the phone?expand_more
- This service is available only for U.S. customers. Call 1-800-231-2222, a toll-free number. Use your credit card to conclude a transaction.
Are Greyhound online tickets refundable?expand_more
- No, typical Greyhound tickets are nonrefundable, unless you purchased a more expensive flexible tickets directly from Greyhound.
Does greyhound offer children discount?expand_more
- Every child under 12 (twelve) years old, traveling with an adult, are eligible to get a special discount. If the child is under 2 (two) years old, it is a free traveling while accompanied by someone with at least the age of fifteen. If the child is between 2 (two) to 11 (eleven) years old, it gets a 25% ticket discount. Be aware that all reductions estimates are basing on full adult fare rates.
What discounts does Greyhound offer?expand_more
- Greyhound offers discounts for the advanced ticket purchase, children ticket, family ticket, students, militaries, and senior tickets.
Does greyhound offer military discount?expand_more
- All active and retired military, including dependent family members, are eligible to get a 10% discount on all nation bus routes. If ticket price exceeds the amount of US$ 259,00 for a round trip, this is the highest fare you will pay. For veteran discounts, please check the company website for the specific regulation.
Are Greyhound bus tickets refundable?expand_more
- Be aware that not every bus ticket is refundable. It is related to the bus ticket type, refundable or non-refundable. Refundable bus tickets, can be refundable as it says and be exchange without extra fees. If you chose non-refundable bus tickets, forget about any refund. You still can change it for another bus ticket spending US$ 20,00. Remember, all exchanges are available according to schedule availability
Do you need an ID to get on a Greyhound Bus Lines bus?expand_more
- Yes, Greyhound Bus Lines requires you to present an ID to an agent to be allowed to board the bus. Make sure you have identification issued by a government agency that meets the carrier’s requirements. Alternative IDs, like a college ID, won’t work.
How much is a bus trip from Boston-MA to New York-NY?expand_more
- There are 23 daily bus schedules lower than $20 per single trip
Does Greyhound have a senior discount?expand_more
- All passengers at the age of 62 years old or more are eligible to get a 5% discount on all available Greyhound bus trips.
Are there power outlets on a Greyhound Bus Lines bus? Are there USB plugs?expand_more
- Yes, there are power outlets onboard Greyhound Bus Lines bus trips. You can generally find one or two plugs per row of seats, so be a good traveler and check if your seat neighbor might want to charge up their devices as well. With the onboard power outlets, you can charge both a computer and USB devices with a power outlet USB converter that typically come with most phones and tablets. Since Greyhound Bus Lines might sometimes use replacement bus vehicles, not all trips are guaranteed to have power outlets. We recommend to bring a power bank to charge your phone for all trips over 2 hours, just in case.
How many bags can you carry on a Greyhound bus?expand_more
- *Carry On Bags:* You can bring one bag up to 25lbs or 11kgs on to the bus with you. The bag must be able to fit into the overhead bin or fully under the seat in front of you. *Checked Baggage:* You are allowed to bring up to 2 bags that will be placed under the bus for the duration of you trip. The bags need to be less than 50lbs or 22.5kgs each with a max total size of 62in when the width, length and height of the bag are all added up.
How much is a Greyhound ticket from New York-NY to Washington-DC?expand_more
- Find 52 daily bus schedules starting at $10
How do I book a Greyhound ticket online?expand_more
- You can book trips in advance directly on Greyhound website. There's variety of payment methods such as credit cards and debit cards.
Can I buy Greyhound tickets at the station?expand_more
- You can find a vast variety of Greyhounds terminals around the country. There you can directly buy your tickets at the kiosks. Using self-service machines dedicated to purchasing or ticket pickups. For buying tickets, is accepted a variety of payment methods. From cash, major credit cards, debit cards and traveler's check. Be aware that money orders are not accepted.
Can I reschedule my Greyhound bus ticket?expand_more
- Yes, you can reschedule your Greyhound tickets for another date or time. A $20 change fee applies as well as any difference in the ticket price.
Does Greyhound Bus Lines offer any premium features like extra legroom, movies or TV?expand_more
- Greyhound Bus Lines goes the extra distance to deliver up-class offerings to its customers. Do you find yourself squished in a regular seat or just love having extra room to sprawl out? Well you’re in luck as Greyhound Bus Lines advertises that they offer extra legroom seating. Since there is no standard of what extra legroom is, the extra space you might get varies from carrier to carrier, but getting extra is always good.
How much is a bus ticket from San Francisco-CA to Los Angeles-CA?expand_more
- You find 23 regular bus schedules from $1 to $55 per seat
How do you get student discount on Greyhound?expand_more
- All students on vacations, back home or back to school have a 20% discount on all available nationwide trips. Just have to be using the Student Advantage Discount Card.
Are there bathrooms on Greyhound Bus Lines buses?expand_more
- Yes, there are bathrooms on Greyhound Bus Lines bus trips. The bathrooms are pretty basic and include a toilet, toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Most bathrooms don’t have running water. As you will be using a bathroom on a moving vehicle, please use caution and hold on to a rail at all times.
All you need to know about Greyhound
Greyhound Bus Lines Overview & FAQ's
Since Greyhound started in 1914, the company rapidly it became the most extensive North American intercity bus service.
This operation is about 123 routes and daily serving over 3,800 destinations.
Most in the United States and also in Canada and Mexico.
It Headquarter is based in Dallas, Texas and serves in most of entire North America continent.
Known as the most significant bus operator and an affordable travel option to nearly 18 million passengers every year.
It is a unique national company.
Just for being the only one which has scheduled intercity bus serving in all most all continent.
In the United States, Greyhound has two partner companies.
They are BoltBus and Peter Pan.
They operate in Northeast & Western regions (Boston, New York City, and Washington, D.C. / Vancouver, BC, Seattle, Portland / Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area and Las Vegas).
YO!BUS is serving Chinatown area in Northeast (Boston, Philadelphia, and Manhattan's Chinatown).
Competing in this mass transportation market, Greyhound launched in 2010 a premium service.
It is available to more than hundred bus routes across the country.
It is called Greyhound Express.
A “city-to-city” daily operation, focused on connecting far out places to larger cities.
Greyhound Fleet Services
Greyhound has redefined the bus travel experience.
You shall find brand new amenities to make your travel experience more comfortable and safe.
All buses are environmentally friendly than ever before.
The upgraded fleet redesign is to ensure the best and most reliable ride for all customers.
Almost all fleet comes with comfortable three-point safety seat belt.
All Greyhound buses come well equipped for your comfort.
You will travel by bus with excellent air conditioning, clean restroom, and headrests reclining leather seats.
Also with footrests and tinted windows for sun blocking.
The company is now providing all previous premium amenities free of charge to all customers.
Whether it is WI-FI, extra legroom or power outlets.
This modality is a low-cost bus trip, between cities, starting at just US$ 1,00!
It is all about to get faster to your destination with no stops, or with fewer ones.
This service is available now 900+ city pairs.
Greyhound provides some pleasant independent stations with waiting rooms.
This service type connects passengers from bus stops at small and rural cities.
It connects this bus stops with central stations in the major cities.
Some buses are not from leading Greyhounds fleet.
They are smaller sized buses not equipped with restrooms.
Greyhound Charter Services
This category is a bus freightage service nationwide.
It is available for groups, schools or any particular trip interest.
How much is a Greyhound ticket from New York-NY to Washington-DC? Find 52 daily bus schedules starting at $10
How much is a bus ticket from San Francisco-CA to Los Angeles-CA? You find 23 regular bus schedules from $1 to $55 per seat
How much is a bus trip from Boston-MA to New York-NY? There are 23 daily bus schedules lower than $20 per single trip
How much is a bus booking from Los Angeles-CA to San Francisco-CA? There are 23 bus schedules available for daily trips costing from $18
How much is a Greyhound ticket from Miami-FL to Orlando-FL? Get a one-way ticket up to $64.00 from about 38 bus schedules leaving from Miami
Online with Credit Card
You can book trips in advance directly on Greyhound website.
There's variety of payment methods such as credit cards and debit cards.
Online With Cash
You can book your ticket and pay with cash.
Choose this option during the online process.
After finished it, redeem your bus pass at a participating retailer.
This service is available only for U.S. customers.
Call 1-800-231-2222, a toll-free number.
Use your credit card to conclude a transaction.
You can find a vast variety of Greyhounds terminals around the country.
There you can directly buy your tickets at the kiosks.
Using self-service machines dedicated to purchasing or ticket pickups.
For buying tickets, is accepted a variety of payment methods.
From cash, major credit cards, debit cards and traveler's check.
Be aware that money orders are not accepted.
All international customers may buy in advance using Will Call online ticket system.
Alternatively, just buy directly from at any Greyhound Station when on American ground.
Call 214-849-8100, between 5 a.m. to 1 a.m., if you are an international customer without toll-free access.
Deals & Discounts
Advance Ticket Purchase
If you buy your ticket with seven or more days in advance, you can save big on your trip.
The discount is up to 50% on fares.
Note the this is not available for holiday periods and cannot combine other discounts.
Family & Friends Discounts for Bus Tickets
Buying one adult ticket, with more two buddies or family members makes you save up to 50%.
However, it has to be at least with three days in advance from departure date.
Children Free Tickets and Discounts
Every child under 12 (twelve) years old, traveling with an adult, are eligible to get a special discount.
If the child is under 2 (two) years old, it is a free traveling while accompanied by someone with at least the age of fifteen.
If the child is between 2 (two) to 11 (eleven) years old, it gets a 25% ticket discount.
Be aware that all reductions estimates are basing on full adult fare rates.
All students on vacations, back home or back to school have a 20% discount on all available nationwide trips.
Just have to be using the Student Advantage Discount Card.
All active and retired military, including dependent family members, are eligible to get a 10% discount on all nation bus routes.
If ticket price exceeds the amount of US$ 259,00 for a round trip, this is the highest fare you will pay.
For veteran discounts, please check the company website for the specific regulation.
All passengers at the age of 62 years old or more are eligible to get a 5% discount on all available Greyhound bus trips.
Greyhound Road Rewards Program Info
When you join this program, you can get points for every time booking bus on Greyhound.
Just adding the program, you already get 10% off to use on your first bus trip.
You can get a discount even if you book the bus on the same day.
Depending on the bus destination or if i i's a round trip, you already start making 2 (two) points.
If the ticket is flexible fare, your acquisition jumps to 6 (six) points.
Most new point levels, unlock new rewards.
Resuming it, the more you travel, the more points you collect.
Moreover, the more points you have, the more discounts and rewards you are eligible.
However, how to collect points?
The number of points you accumulate depends on the type of fare you buy.
- 1 (one) point for each one-way trip for Economy fares
- 2 (two) points for each one-way trip for Economy Extra fares
- 3 (three) points for each one-way trip for Flexible fares
However, what do you get exchanging points? With 6 (six) points, you can get:
- 15% off on booking bus
- the companion pass for a second traveler.
- 10% off food at any Greyhound Station
With 10 (ten) points, you can get:
- 20% off on your bus ticket
- the companion pass for a second traveler.
With 16 (sixteen) points, you can get:
- free bus ticket anywhere Greyhound has a stop or station!
Ticket Refund and Exchanges
Be aware that not every bus ticket is refundable.
It is related to the bus ticket type, refundable or non-refundable.
Refundable bus tickets, can be refundable as it says and be exchange without extra fees.
If you chose non-refundable bus tickets, forget about any refund.
You still can change it for another bus ticket spending US$ 20,00.
Remember, all exchanges are available according to schedule availability.
Before taking a trip, passengers need to pay attention at some points about its travel.
Besides all information about bus tickets dates, ticket fares, schedules, departure and arriving addresses.
It is crucial that travelers look for more details about available travel insurances.
It does not matter if it is a short or long bus trip, even if it's a regular journey.
Travel insurances guarantee safety and integrity in every emergency situation.
Like a traffic accident, disease or another kind of health problem.
Beyond protection and help in cases of luggage theft or loss and trip cancellation.
There are various types of travel insurance.
Like health insurance, luggage insurance, and others.
Usually, health insurances include medical emergencies and treatments.
Including hospital stays and, in some cases, urgency travel back home.
Luggage insurances guarantee a covering in the event of theft or baggage loss.
Greyhound bus carrier offers luggage insurance for all passengers.
In a case of lost or damaged when riding in a Greyhound Bus.
You might want to take out insurance if your luggage goods are more expensive than the offered compensation.
Passengers can protect their baggage up to a maximum of $1,000 per person.
This insurance does not include items checked as overweight, oversized or excess baggage.
All travelers will need to pay a 'declared value charge' for these.
For more details about this fare, check it at Greyhound's site.
Boarding on Bus
All boarding procedure takes about 15 to 30 minutes before departure.
Please be aware and arrive at the terminal gate at least an hour before departure.
So you can take care of ticketing confirmation and baggage dispatch.
Traveling to Mexico and Canada
Have with you a valid U.S. passport.
Photo identification is required to get inside Canada or Mexico by bus.
Travelers will not get into the United States coming from Canada or Mexico, if without proper documents.
Have in hand a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant travel documents.
Please check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Website for more details on requirements for leaving or entering the U.S.