Megabus Bus Tickets
Find Megabus bus schedules with cheap ticket fares, Megabus reviews and rating.
Megabus bus routes and lines
- Bus New York x Washingtonchevron_right
- Bus Boston x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Washington x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Toronto x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus New York x Bostonchevron_right
- Bus Los Angeles x Las Vegaschevron_right
- Bus Baltimore x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus New York x Philadelphiachevron_right
- Bus Los Angeles x San Franciscochevron_right
- Bus Las Vegas x Los Angeleschevron_right
- Bus New York x Baltimorechevron_right
- Bus Atlanta x Memphischevron_right
- Bus Philadelphia x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus New York x Torontochevron_right
- Bus New York x Providencechevron_right
- Bus Montreal x Torontochevron_right
- Bus Toronto x Montrealchevron_right
- Bus Philadelphia x Washingtonchevron_right
- Bus Miami x Orlandochevron_right
- Bus San Francisco x Los Angeleschevron_right
- Bus Houston x Austinchevron_right
- Bus Orlando x Miamichevron_right
- Bus Minneapolis x Chicagochevron_right
- Bus Chicago x Minneapolischevron_right
- Bus Chicago x Memphischevron_right
- Bus Albany x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Tampa x Miamichevron_right
- Bus Pittsburgh x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Washington x Torontochevron_right
- Bus Atlanta x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Washington x Philadelphiachevron_right
- Bus Chicago x Indianapolischevron_right
- Bus Nashville x Indianapolischevron_right
- Bus Hartford x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Boston x Philadelphiachevron_right
- Bus New York x Atlantachevron_right
- Bus Jacksonville x Atlantachevron_right
- Bus Houston x New Orleanschevron_right
- Bus San Jose x Los Angeleschevron_right
- Bus Pittsburgh x Philadelphiachevron_right
- Bus Sacramento x Renochevron_right
- Bus Providence x New Yorkchevron_right
- Bus Philadelphia x Bostonchevron_right
- Bus Indianapolis x Chicagochevron_right
- Bus Memphis x Atlantachevron_right
- Bus Toronto x Niagara Fallschevron_right
- Bus Boston x Washingtonchevron_right
- Bus Riverside x Las Vegaschevron_right
- Bus Memphis x Chicagochevron_right
- Bus Orlando x Atlantachevron_right
- Bus Miami x Tampachevron_right
ALL ABOUT US & CANADA MEGABUS BUS LINES
Megabus arrived in US land in 2006.
It started with a very aggressive approach to the market.
Megabus come offering a low-cost express bus service to travel intercity starting at US$ 1.
Most people knows Megabus as a large bus operator and an affordable travel option.
Megabus has already served more than 40 million passengers along its service history.
Today it serves about 120 bus routes by cities in North America.
Having buses going every day throughout the eastern, southern, midwestern, and western areas.
Also crossing borders from the United States to the Canadian Ontario and Quebec.
In recent years, Megabus bus services started with daily routes from Chicago to Ann Arbor.
Also daily covering:
- Kansas City
- St. Louis
- State College
After that, in 2007 Megabus expanded its bus service to Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Tempe - Arizona.
It came from the result of a partnership with Coach America group.
Some of the bus routes in California were close in late 2008 by the weak passenger's volume.
When Megabus started operating bus services in New York City, the city became its headquarters.
Which now has established the total of 14 hubs.
Megabus bus hubs are:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Texas Triangle (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio)
- Washington D.C.
Since recent years, Megabus started to change the way it makes and distribute all bus routes.
Focusing on a service where buses make fewer possibles stops when heading to destinations.
On the West Coast Megabus connects passengers from local urban buses to interstate and commuter rail stations.
MEGABUS FLEET SERVICES
It is a distinguished bus service, without stations and waiting rooms.
Using pickup and delivery points inside cities.
At curbside stops on public streets or parking lots.
College campuses or shopping centers in larger cities.
Daily operating a point to point bus route network.
Barreling stopping before getting to its destination.
Expect nothing less than an affordable and reliable bus services.
With professional drivers and staff.
Megabus Staff always focuses on offer a high level of comfort and safety with a clean and well-maintained fleet.
Megabus is the first company to offer double-decker buses to carry intercity passengers.
The first question that pops into most customers mind is, "Does Megabus have free wifi?".
Yes, and much more!
You will find all buses equipped with:
- Free WiFi
- Power outlets
- Panoramic windows view
- Comfortable reclining seats
- Three-point safety belts
- Wheelchair accessibility
Megabus provides rest stop on longer trips.
However, be aware that changes can happen for operational reasons or bus mechanical problems.
The company may need to substitute for a single decker bus.
This bus type may not offer all usual default amenities.
If you are traveling from Canada to the USA or the opposite, note that will happen a stop and bus drivers swap at some point.
So usually only has WiFi service available in the home country.
When entering both countries, the WiFi is turned off.
Just to avoid incurring roaming charges.
Can you drink alcohol on a Megabus?
All passengers are allowed to bring in food and non-alcoholic beverages on board.
Note that it has not permitted alcoholic drinks on the bus.
Also, is prohibited any smoking inside buses.
Including electronic simulated smoking and e-cigarettes.
Megabus Double Decker
It is an 81 passengers bus at full capacity.
This bus design comes with the latest available technology.
Also, it provides significant environmental benefits.
All double-decker buses offer:
- Panoramic windows
- Free wireless internet
- DVD video capabilities
- Reclining seats with headrests
- Air vent control
- Clean restrooms
- Power outlets
- Wheelchair accessibility
For your safety, all fleet comes with a comfortable three-point safety seat belt.
Its offer free of charge a 50 pounds luggage and a small under seat spot for bags.
MEGABUS STOPS AND MAIN ROUTES INFORMATION
🚍 Megabus Washington to Philadelphia
🚏 Megabus departure at Union Station - View on Map
🚏 Megabus arrival at 30th St Station - View on Map
Trip duration takes around 3hs length. More about Megabus Washington-DC to Philadelphia-PA bus schedule.
🚍 Megabus Philadelphia to Washington
🚏 Megabus departure at 30th St Station - View on Map
🚏 Megabus arrival at Union Station - View on Map
Trip duration takes around 3hs length. More about Megabus Philadelphia-PA to Washington-DC bus schedule.
🚍 Megabus NYC to Washington
🚏 Megabus departure at Port Authority Station - View on Map
🚏 Megabus arrival at Union Station - View on Map
Trip duration takes around 4hs 30min length. More about Megabus New York City-NY to Washington-DC bus schedule.
🚍 Megabus Boston to NYC
🚏 Megabus departure at South Station, Gate 25 - View on Map
🚏 Megabus arrival at Port Authority Station - View on Map
Trip duration takes around 4hs 50min length. More about Megabus Boston-MA to New York City-NY bus schedule.
BUYING TICKETS & RESERVATIONS
Customers usually come with those following doubts when time to buy Megabus bus tickets.
How to purchase Megabus tickets?
How to pay for Megabus tickets?
You cannot make bus tickets reservations paying in cash or by check.
Moreover, other Megabus customers doubt.
How far in advance can I book Megabus?
Reservations can be only made at least 45 days in advance of departure.
You can buy your bus tickets in advance through the website.
It is available only for major credit cards.
Including Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
All prices are in USD.
Megabus will send you an email for confirmation when your bus booking complete.
If you provide a cell phone number on booking process, your get an SMS confirmation for $ 0.25.
Call 1-877-GO2-MEGA (1-877-462-6342) and use your credit card to conclude the transaction.
Only major credit cards accepted.
As said before, with Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
This service is available only for U.S. customers.
Megabus will charge you at the same rate as made online but will be a reservation fee with an additional cost of $5.00.
Megabus Phone for Customers with Disabilities
Customers with disabilities can make reservations by calling 1-877-GO2-MEGA (1-877-462-6342).
Megabus provides one dedicated customer service representative to assist.
MEGABUS DEALS & DISCOUNTS
How to get 1 dollar Megabus tickets?
All Megabus prices and fares start as low as US$ 1.00!
However, it is limited.
Fares always vary by chosen day, travel time and advance from trip date booking.
Also, a high demand for seats can influence.
For all reservations, will be charged a US$ 1.50 fee.
How to get Megabus promotion code?
From time to time, Megabus will run special promotions.
Promotions can run in local or national campaigns.
Giving out discounts for who has this promotional codes.
Megabus promotions can make you a better deal on reserving the bus trip.
Children Free Tickets and Discounts
There aren't discounts for children in Megabus.
Each one requires having a bus seat reservation.
Unaccompanied minors under the age of 17 are not permitted to travel.
No students discounts are available in Megabus.
No military discounts are available in Megabus.
No senior discounts are available in Megabus.
MEGABUS TICKET REFUND AND EXCHANGES
Does Megabus give refunds?
What happens if you miss your Megabus?
Megabus cannot grant refunds or credits in instances where customers miss the bus.
However, you can change up reservations until 24 hours before departure.
You cannot cancel or ask for a refund once completed the online buying process and bus booking.
However, the reservation can be exchange for another bus trip.
The new one has to be up to 24 hours before your original scheduled departure.
To confirm the new bus reservation trade, you must complete it online.
Also, will be charged a US$ 2.50 fee for every trade.
The previous bus ticket cost will be applied and credited to this new reservation.
If the last bus ticket price is lower than the new one, you will have to pay the price difference.
However, remember, all exchanges are available according to schedule availability.
Go to "View/Change Reservations" section on Megabus website.
Before taking a trip is important to pay attention to all details about your travel.
You should know all about the bus tickets dates, ticket fares, schedules, departure and arriving addresses.
Additionally, it is essential that you look for travel insurances.
It doesn't matter if it is a short or long bus trip, or even if it's a regular journey.
Travel insurances ensure safety and integrity in any emergency situation.
Like a traffic accident, disease or another kind of health problem.
Beyond protection and help in cases of luggage theft or loss and trip cancellation.
How to get Travel Insurance?
There are some variety types of travel insurance.
Like health insurance, luggage insurance, international medical insurance, and others.
Usually, health insurances include medical emergencies and treatments.
Including hospital stays and, in some cases, an urgency travel back home.
Luggage insurances guarantee a covering in the event of theft or baggage loss.
If you want to get a Travel Insurance, you should choose which Insurance companies fit better for you.
Megabus does not offer travel insurance.
The bus company has insurance by their legal responsibility.
All legal liabilities to third parties, to include damage to property and personal injury are covered.
MEGABUS VALUABLE TIPS AND FREQUENTLY QUESTIONS
What's the boarding on bus procedure?
All boarding method takes about 15 to 30 minutes before departure.
Please be aware and arrive at stop point at least an hour before departure.
Be prepared for the weather if your arrival or departure location is outdoors.
Dress for weather conditions, maybe bringing an umbrella or for hot days using light clothing and refreshing beverages.
Make sure your luggage is less than 50 pounds and doesn’t exceed 62 inches.
Have your reservation number handy and ready to present to the bus driver.
Can you bring pets on the bus?
Animals are not allowed on the bus, except trained service animals that assist disabled customers.
How's Megabus travel from the United States to Canada?
Have with you a valid U.S. passport, because a photo identification will be required to get inside Canada by bus.
How's Megabus travel to the United States from Canada?
All passengers will not be permitted to entry into the United States without proper Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant travel documents.
Please check the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Website for more details on requirements for leaving or entering the U.S.
Does Megabus have Wifi?
Every Megabus Double-decker bus offers free Wi-Fi.
Wheres is my Megabus bus?
You can track your bus by downloading the Megabus bus tracker app.
Does Megabus have bathrooms?
All Megabus buses come with bathroom for a pleasant trip.
Does Megabus have outlets?
All Megabus Double-decker have power outlets to charge notebooks, mobile and tablets.
How Megabus work?
Megabus offer very competitively low fare tickets around the United States.
However, you have to book your reservation with at least 45 days in advance.
Use the internet or the phone.
There aren't stations to buy tickets.
You can find an excellent bus service for just $1.
Find all details above in this article.
How many bags can I take on Megabus?
Megabus allows ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger reservation that not exceed 62 inches.
The luggage should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
How safe is the Megabus?
The entire bus company is all about safety for customers and drivers.
The bus goes to regular maintenance during the whole year.
Also, all the seats have a three-point seat belt to preserve passenger in any accident.
GPS system monitors every Megabus bus. The drivers go to an extensive and rigorous train before becoming an official Megabus driver.
How to contact Megabus customers service?
You can have most of your doubts cleared at Megabus customer area.
If not, go to Megabus contact page to send Megabus a message. Alternatively, use one of the social accounts like Facebook or Twitter to have your questions answered.
How to get Megabus tickets for a dollar?
Every first bus ticket for every bus trip is a one dollar ticket. Search for tickets in advance, and you can find a $1 ticket.
How much is the Megabus?
All tickets start in $1 and go up until the bus is full.
Understand that bus ticket prices variates on trip distances.
Are Megabus tickets refundable?
No, they are not.
However, you can exchange for another trip according to policies.
Does Megabus go to New York?
Yes, Megabus have daily buses to NYC and state areas.
Does Megabus have stops?
Megabus only have bus stops. The company does not have stations.
You can board on curb corners, mall parking lots, and other downtown areas.
Megabus reviews and rating
- personkateera whitfield Coo
- personjenny lim Driver was friendly. Bus was clean and departed on time. Great price! Definitely using the mega bus again!
- personabdul sattar Good!!!!!!
- personmary jane garcia Very confortable and cold seat reclined and i feel asleep
- personerica dube Excellent
- personsandra gato Excelent
- personchristopher rattray Good
- personramesh bapodara Very good
- persondeokiesingh Greatest
- personjampa dakpa Perfect
- persondamon Fabulous
- personjones Awesome......
- personebele ugbaja Good
- persondouglas cameron Very good
- personerica dube Excellent
- personcarisa vanzant Great
- personmarjorie bennett Great just great
- personpearly williams Excellent & the drivers were professional & courteous.
- personvenise roux Great
- personvenise roux The trip was quick even the bus was late but the driver excused her self the ride was quick i love to ride with megabus
- personolga quilez. anays arias Is my first trip
- personmarie jeudy Great2great
- personshannon mcmillian Opulent
- personmery cecilia realpe lopez Good thx
- personmercy teah Great
- personanthony jones Very nice and comfortable a great trip
- personleannette holt Nice, clean, great staff behavior, and punctuality could be better
- personmahamadou tourey My trip was great
- personjacqueline torres Second time traveling and both times my seats were given away although I was 10 min early. Not using this bus service again.
- personvivian perez Very well and safe
- persondanielle trumble Good
- persondanielle trumble Good
- personpatricia hopkins Great
- personselam bokre gebru My firs time
- personselam bokre gebru This is my first time
- persondanielle trumble Good
- personrosel ursua What a day!!! Our trip was at 2:15pm today from Las Vegas bus was delayed, finally got into the bus 8:30pm so that was 6hours delay, with scorching heat, and i still have to go to work the next day.
- personmary small The bus. Broke down we sat on that hot bus form 11:30 until 4:00 waiting for a mechanic
- persondonzellastine brown Excellent
- persona washington It was a good trip bus was clean the person that help the driver was a little short on patients.
- personkevin pettway Its was ok was a nice comfortable ride
- personrobert hughes Great
- persondamian omar warr Ok
- personpatricia garcez I've got on Megabus few times..those few times were absolutely comforting...drivers are very helpful..except one time..one driver was rude leaving occupant behind having him chase the bus running but other than that other drivers drove safely ,and wereontime
- personmarian moreanu Ok
- personroger howell Nice
- personjose alvarez Excelent
- personjonathan jones Bad. Very bad.
- personjonathan jones I don't think they post all of the negative reviews.
- personjonathan jones Ad I read for for Megabus said "more legroom and free wifi". More legroom than what, a barbie car? Probably worst bus ride I ever had.. AC was almost nonexistant, tnowhere to put your bags and whole buss smells like piss.Cust. svc. was nice though.
- phone877 462 6342
- comment1765 reviews
- place349 1 Street Elizabeth, NJ 07206